If you’re a student working toward an engineering degree, it’s never too early to start thinking about your future after school. As a student enrolled full-time in an ABET-accredited engineering program, you have the opportunity for a free NSPE national student membership. This includes students at graduate-level engineering programs, too! Not only does this engineering membership look great on resumes, but student members can also take advantage of benefits like:
- Scholarships – the variety of scholarships on the NSPE website offer between $2,500 and $5,000. There are even opportunities for high school students! Learn more about the scholarships being offered here.
- Free on-demand courses – as a student member, you’ll have access to a handful of free online courses on topics like ethics and professional development. These courses will help you navigate your future in the engineering profession. See a list of available courses here.
- Resources for starting a career – get career advice from current members, join the NSPE mentoring program, browse the NSPE job board, and download checklists for choosing potential employers. Take a look at all of the resources here.
- Networking opportunities – through national interest groups and local events, students can grow their professional network with engineers across the country. Additionally, there are student chapters of NSPE in many states. Learn more about networking opportunities here.
- Discounts on FE/PE exam prep courses – one of the biggest feats after graduating with an engineering degree is obtaining your PE license. This involves years of work experience, studying, and taking exams. An NSPE student membership will get you great discounts on exam prep courses for the FE and PE exams. Learn more here.
Becoming an NSPE student member will give you a competitive edge when applying to jobs, grad school, and down the road for the FE and PE exams. As a student engineer in New Jersey, along with the NSPE student membership, you can also have an NJ engineering membership at NJSPE. See all that NJSPE has to offer here. The membership is free and offers countless benefits, so there’s nothing to lose! Learn more about becoming a member here.