ANNOUNCING THE 2023-2024 OCSPE OFFICERS
The new officers were installed at the June 13, 2023 Dinner Meeting, as follows:
President: Joe Letinski, PE
Vice President: Matthew Danza, PE
Treasurer: Rebecca Martin, EIT
Secretary: Kyle Taylor, EIT
Chapter Director: Chris Theodos, PE, PP, CME
The officers look forward to serving you in 2023-2024!
2021-2023 Chapter Meetings & Social Events!
The following In-Person Chapter Dinner Meetings and Social Events have taken place since the pandemic lifted in 2020! The Dinner Meetings each qualified for CPC credits! We’re out here doing things. Join us!
- October 18, 2023 – Recycling in Transition, by John Davies, PE, & Gary Sondermeyer, Bayshore Recycling Corp. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- September 20, 2023 – Design-Build Concepts, Contracts, & Implementation: An Update. by David J. Applegate, PE, Kiely Companies. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- June 12, 2023 – Engineered Piling Solutions, Phil Brackett, Hubbell Power Systems. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- May 16, 2023 – Annual Blue Claws Family Night, FirstEnergy Park, Lakewood.
- April 26, 2023 – Annual State of the County, by Ocean County Engineering Department. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- February 16, 2023 – Digital Twins, by Matt Angle, Van Cleef Engineering. Captain’s Inn, Forked River.
- January 25, 2023 – Chapel Avenue Improvements, by Michael J. Drobny, PE, French & Parrello, & Joseph Ragusa, PE, Remington & Vernick. Yesterdays Restaurant, Bayville.
- December 1, 2022 – Modular Pre-Engineered Bridge Systems, by Bob Rose, Acrow Bridge. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- October 27, 2022 – Ethical Issues in Professional Engineering, by Joseph T. Ciampoli, Esq. & Fred T. Mahar, PE, Esq., Thompson Becker & Bothwell. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- September 28, 2022 – Engineering Education in 2022, by Roger Marino, PhD, PE, Professor at Ocean County Community College. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- June 15, 2022 – FEMA Task Force Deployment to Surfside Condo Collapse by John Rouse, Brick MUA. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- May 5, 2022 – Annual Blue Claws Family Night & Scholarship Presentation, FirstEnergy Park, Lakewood.
- April 28, 2022 – Annual State of the County, by Ocean County Engineering Department. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- March 30, 2022 – Applied Hydrology Applications to McDonalds Branch, Hunter Birkhead, PE, Colliers Engineering and Design. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- February 17, 2022 – Scanning Both On and Off the Tripod, by Keith Jones, Keystone Precision Solutions. Captain’s Inn, Forked River.
- January 26, 2022 – Ethical Obligations for Professional Engineers by Renard E. Barnes, Esq., PS&S. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- November 9, 2021 – Bridge Deck Replacement on Route 1, by William Pyontek, PE, French & Parrello. River Rock Restaurant, Brick.
- October 12, 2021 – Getting the Lead Out in Trenton, by Brian Van Nortwick, PE, CDM Smith. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- June 10, 2021 – Design-Build Concepts, Contracts, & Implementation, by David J. Applegate, PE, Kiely Companies. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- May 10, 2021 – New NJDEP GI Based Stormwater Rules, by Jeromie P. Lange, PE, Active Acquisitions. MJ’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- October 27, 2020 – Historic Truss Rehabilitation, by William Pyontek, PE, French & Parrello. Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
ANNUAL BLUECLAWS FAMILY NIGHT!
The annual Jersey Shore BlueClaws Family Night was held on May 16, 2023! Dozens of families attended and a great time was had by all!
President Alina Ferreira announced the scholarship award winners at the June 13, 2023 Chapter Meeting!
The scholarship recipients for 2023 were as follows:
$1,000 Alex Duque Scholarship: Maggie Hodges
$1,000 Ocean County College Scholarship: Erika Perez Santos
Congratulations to these young women!
52nd ANNUAL ENGINEERING CAREER DAY
NJSPE Educational Foundation hosted the 52nd annual Engineering Career Day on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. This program was held at the Rutgers College of Engineering on the Busch Campus in Piscataway, NJ and was well attended. The Engineering Career Day is organized as a public service to high school students to introduce them to career opportunities available in engineering. This program is supported by corporate sponsors, public authorities, local colleges and universities. Mike Testa, PE, OCSPE Past President was in charge of organizing the event; some volunteers from OCSPE along with our Past President, Mark Rohmeyer, PE, helped Mr. Testa put together this event. We extend our gratitude to Mr. Testa and OCSPE volunteers for their efforts!
We hope to see your high school next year! Please reach out to us for more information: Mark Rohmeyer, P.E. at email@example.com
OCSPE, together with Ocean County College, hosted the 2019 MathCounts Competition on Saturday, February 9, 2019. Middle School students competed as individuals and as teams in our annual event. Northern Burlington Middle School won the competition. There were some additional amazing standouts, and a couple new schools that impressed, as well! Good luck as you move on to the State Competition!
CHAPTER DIRECTOR INSTALLATION
The Installation Ceremony for our new Chapter Director, Chris Theodos, took place on September 29, 2015, at our monthly meeting at The Cove, in Bayville. Thank you to Chris for joining the officers, and thank you to Jason Burneyko, Past President, for performing the installation! Photos from the installation are located in the Photo Slideshow on this page.
CHRIS THEODOS WINS NJSPE DISTINGUISHED ENGINEERING SERVICE AWARD
OCSPE’s Chris Theodos was presented the Distinguished Engineering Service Award at the NJSPE Awards Ceremony on June 19, 2014 at Mercer Oaks Golf Course. CLICK HERE to read Chris’ bio. Congratulations Chris!
The Photo Slideshow on this page has photos of Chris receiving his award. CLICK HERE to see more photos from this event.