2021-2022 Chapter Meetings
The following In-Person Chapter Dinner Meetings have taken place in 2021-2022, each for CPC credits! We hope you will join us for the next one!
- February 17, 2022 Speaker: Keith Jones, Keystone Precision Solutions Subject” Scanning Both On and Off the Tripod. Location: Captain’s Inn, Forked River.
- January 26, 2022 Speaker: Renard E. Barnes, Esq., PS&S Subject: Ethical Obligations for Professional Engineers. Location: Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- November 9, 2021 Speaker: William Pyontek, PE, French & Parrello Subject: Bridge Deck replacement on Route 1. Location: River Rock Restaurant & Marina Bar, Brick.
- October 12, 2021 Speaker: Brian Van Nortwick, PE, CDM Smith Subject: Getting the Lead Out in Trenton. Location: Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- June 10, 2021 Speaker: David J. Applegate, PE, Kiely Companies Subject: Design-Build Concepts, Contracts, & Implementation. Location: Yesterday’s Restaurant, Bayville.
- May 10, 2021 Speaker: Jeromie P. Lange, PE, Active Acquisitions Subject: New NJDEP GI Based Stormwater Rules. Location: MJ’s Restaurant, Bar & Grill, Bayville.
ANNOUNCING THE 2021-2022 OCSPE OFFICERS
The new officers were installed at the September 7, 2021 Annual BlueClaws Family Night, as follows:
President: Michael Drobny, P.E.
Vice President: Alina Ferreira, PE, PP, CME
Treasurer: Joe Letinski, EIT
Secretary: Matthew A. Danza, PE
Chapter Director: Chris Theodos, PE, PP, CME
The officers look forward to serving you in 2022!
ANNUAL BLUECLAWS PICNIC AND SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION
The annual Jersey Shore BlueClaws outing was held on September 7, 2021! Dozens of families attended and a great time was had by all!
President Michael Drobny announced the scholarship award winner at the June 10, 2021 Chapter Meeting.
The scholarship recipients for 2021 were as follows:
Alex Duque Scholarship: Nicole Lim
OCC Scholarship: Fahim Rabbi
52nd ANNUAL ENGINEERING CAREER DAY
NJSPE Educational Foundation hosted the 52nd annual Engineering Career Day on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. This program was held at the Rutgers College of Engineering on the Busch Campus in Piscataway, NJ and was well attended. The Engineering Career Day is organized as a public service to high school students to introduce them to career opportunities available in engineering. This program is supported by corporate sponsors, public authorities, local colleges and universities. Mike Testa, PE, OCSPE Past President was in charge of organizing the event; some volunteers from OCSPE along with our Past President, Mark Rohmeyer, PE, helped Mr. Testa put together this event. We extend our gratitude to Mr. Testa and OCSPE volunteers for their efforts!
We hope to see your high school next year! Please reach out to us for more information: Mark Rohmeyer, P.E. at firstname.lastname@example.org
OCSPE, together with Ocean County College, hosted the 2019 MathCounts Competition on Saturday, February 9, 2019. Middle School students competed as individuals and as teams in our annual event. Northern Burlington Middle School won the competition. There were some additional amazing standouts, and a couple new schools that impressed, as well! Good luck as you move on to the State Competition!
CHAPTER DIRECTOR INSTALLATION
The Installation Ceremony for our new Chapter Director, Chris Theodos, took place on September 29, 2015, at our monthly meeting at The Cove, in Bayville. Thank you to Chris for joining the officers, and thank you to Jason Burneyko, Past President, for performing the installation! Photos from the installation are located in the Photo Slideshow on this page.
CHRIS THEODOS WINS NJSPE DISTINGUISHED ENGINEERING SERVICE AWARD
OCSPE’s Chris Theodos was presented the Distinguished Engineering Service Award at the NJSPE Awards Ceremony on June 19, 2014 at Mercer Oaks Golf Course. CLICK HERE to read Chris’ bio. Congratulations Chris!
The Photo Slideshow on this page has photos of Chris receiving his award. CLICK HERE to see more photos from this event.