One of the best ways to network with people in your industry and stay up-to-date on engineering news and events is by becoming a member of a professional association. New Jersey engineers are very lucky because there are so many great associations specifically created for engineers in our state. So why should you join the New Jersey Society of Professional Engineers? Here are five of our favorite reasons:
- Only PE organization – NJSPE is the only organization in New Jersey dedicated to professional engineers. That means we focus on helping you stay informed about how to maintain and utilize your license. Our goal is to promote, serve, and and represent New Jersey’s engineering professionals for the public’s benefit.
- Continuing education opportunities – to keep your PE license, you must complete 24 professional development hours with two of them in ethics within each renewal period. We keep you informed about upcoming opportunities for continuing education and make sure you know when your professional development hours must be completed by.
- Free webinars – speaking of professional development hours, being a member of NJSPE gives you access to 15 free webinars! These webinars will help you put a dent in the number of courses you need to maintain licensure, all without leaving your house. They change annually, so you’re always getting the most up-to-date information on the most popular topics.
- Job opportunities – instead of jumping from website to website trying to find engineering jobs, you’ll have access to our engineering only careers page. You’ll also get access to NSPE’s national job board, unlocking countless career opportunities. Dozens of New Jersey engineers find jobs on our job board everyday.
- Advocacy and news – stay in-the-know about the engineering professional and state of engineering in New Jersey with our monthly newsletter. We feature important national news, local news, upcoming events, jobs, and much more to give you a leg up in the industry.
If you’re trying to decide whether joining NJSPE is the best option for you, let us put you in touch with New Jersey engineers who have benefited from our organization. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to connect you to one of our members or answer any questions you may have. If you’re interested in becoming a member, visit our membership page and join today!