Interested in what NJSPE membership benefits are available and whether joining is worth it? Here are some of our favorite benefits for all NJSPE members.
Protect the license
Since the start of 2016, 26 states have introduced legislation and/or regulations that would erode and even destroy PE licensure as we know it today, all in the name of job creation.
- Learn more about states that have had legislation and/or regulations introduced and NSPE’s action on those threats at nspe.org/advocacymap.
- Qualifications-based selection is a procedure whereby service providers are retained on the basis of qualifications, rather than price factors. In 2018 two bills were introduced at the state level to challenge how the QBS process functions. NSPE and NJSPE have and will continue to work together in order to ensure QBS is maintained in New Jersey.
Promote the importance of the PE
Earn CE Credits
- Meet your licensure continuing education requirements by taking advantage of 15 free online seminars.
- Network with PEs from all disciplines while learning latest trends in the profession and earning PDH at the NSPE Conference and State Conference.
- NJSPE has teamed up with leading online education provider RedVector to bring you a training experience designed just for our network.
- Need additional hours? NSPE members receive a 50% discount for on-demand courses through the PE Institute.
Keep up-to-date on industry news
Stay informed on the latest state events and news of the profession via NSPE publications.
- PE Magazine – Bimonthly print and digital editions of NSPE’s flagship magazine
- NSPE Update – Monthly newsletter about the Society’s activities. View back issues of NSPE Update
- PE Scope – Bimonthly e-news for PEs on topics including licensure, education, government, and ethics
- Daily Designs – Summaries of the latest news on engineering topics e-mailed to members daily
- State Newsletter
Get ethical guidance
- Track evolving ethical issues and benefit from the guidance of experienced professional engineers with Board of Ethical Review cases;
- Do you have questions about licensure, ethics, or law? NSPE members have exclusive access to the Ethics Hotline at 888-384-4295 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Enhance your professional knowledge
- Reduce the potential for errors, omissions, redundancies, or conflicts in construction by using EJCDC contract documents. As an NSPE member, you save 50% on all EJCDC documents.
- Understand the laws and regulations that define issues that affect the professional engineer. NSPE has compiled six reports on state PE laws and rules.
Connect with fellow PEs
- Crowd source your questions and collaborate with professional engineers from all disciplines and all career stages across the county in NSPE’s online Communities.
- Learn about the latest events in your state/local chapter at the NJSPE Event Calendar.
Get member discounts
Save money with deep discounts on a wide variety of publications, standard contract documents, and other services offered by NSPE’s benefit partners.
NSPE members receive discounts on:
- Office Depot
- Avitru (products include MasterSpec® and SpecText®)
Support future engineers
- Inspire and shape future engineers by participating in one of the NSPE partner programs. NSPE is a founder of both Engineers Week and MATHCOUNTS.
- The NSPE Educational Foundation is committed to the future of the engineering profession and offers several scholarship opportunities.
There are so many NJSPE membership benefits – join today!